Hartlepool is brimming with energy and ideas to make our town an even better place to live. At the same time, a lot of people in our town are feeling the pinch from economic decline, welfare reform and the rising cost of living.
Want to volunteer with us to do something about it?
We have a host of projects and initiatives that could benefit from your input and involvement. You can join the campaign to put one million pounds back into local people’s pockets or get involved in action to strengthen community spirit, amongst other things.
Being honest, volunteering with the Hartlepool Action Lab is not a walk in the park. Developing solutions to poverty requires commitment, a willingness to try new things and an ability to work compassionately with people.
Whatever your background, we will provide support and training to help you do what you want. We particularly value the contributions of people who have lived experience of struggling to make ends meet.
Ways in which you can get involved.
- Support and empower your community members to reduce the cost of living and maximise their income, by becoming an Advocate
- Join the Food and Fuel Club team, helping out with: research, logistics, organising events, marketing and other business
- Help community groups access free food, by becoming a driver for Hartlepool Food Network
- Join the ‘Missing Out on Money?’ campaign to help a community in Hartlepool access the financial support it is entitled to
- Offer whatever skills you have to the Poolie Time Exchange
- Join the Stronger Neighbourhoods campaign to strengthen community spirit locally
- Help Housing Heroes turn around a vacant property to give young people a future home
If there is something else we could be doing, tell us!
Interested in finding out more?
- Call Jonathan on 07976763656
- Email email@example.com