The Poolie Time Exchange is one of three Hartlepool Action Lab projects. It has come along way since it formed in June 2016.
Here are a few areas where the project is making a breakthrough.
The Poolie Time Exchange:
- Has recruited 69 volunteers who have recently supported the Marie Curie charity, fire service, an NHS trust and a number of local residents
- Set up a Facebook group which now has 1,700 members
- Continues to engage with other groups and organisations in the North East, to share learning from the Poolie Time Exchange approach
- Is working to expand the number of Poolie Time Exchange ‘hubs’ (organisations that match volunteers to local community members)
- Is working with local organisations who are providing in-kind resources to help volunteers to lift themselves out of poverty
To get in touch with the Poolie Time Exchange, email firstname.lastname@example.org